Saturday, August 1, 2015

Planting Seeds

July 27, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you for the package! I loved everything in it! I couldn't believe the JCW's toy. I also really like the stormtrooper car you sent. I thought it was quite fitting considering recent events :)

This week I had a member dinner appointment every night. That's 7 meal appointments straight. I like it when members feed us. 

I had a really cool experience this week. My friend had his farewell talk and entered the MTC (spirit prison) on Wednesday. He sent me his talk and I found time to listen to it. He gave a fantastic talk on faith. He talked about how important it is to trust in the Lord. That's something I realized when I was in the MTC and when I got out in the field. It's a subject I need to look more in to. 

This week wasn't as eventful as most have been. The work has taken a bit of a hit but I'm still trying to do my best. Planting seeds is something I realized early on in the mission. Even though it's far better to teach people, sometimes all you can do is plant seeds. I can usually tell when I've planted a successful seed or not. We've had to drop a lot of investigators and we aren't having the best of luck at finding new ones. I wouldn't say I'm discouraged, more... disappointed. Although, one of our investigators came out and said she knows she needs to be baptized! She said she wants to be baptized! I've come to notice that when things get rough in the field, that means something big is going to happen. This particular investigator has been apprehensive about baptism for a few weeks and to have her come out and say she needs and wants to be baptized when she did, made the rest of the week feel a lot better. I feel like this one will go through. Out of all the dates I've set, no one's been baptized yet. This one is different. She seems a lot more dedicated than the others have been.  

As far as M & R, we talked with them for a few minutes this week and they said they would still like us to come over. I'm not going to drop them unless they literally kick us out of their house.

Something I've told a lot of investigators and members who are struggling is something you told me a long time ago. I can't remember the context of the situation when you said this, but it has stuck with me for years. A long time ago you told me "the more unworthy you feel for the gospel, the more you need it." I'm really thankful for all that you've taught me and for everything you teach me in the emails. I do use what you write in teaching situations. It's kinda funny, really. A lot of the time, something you write will apply to someone I'll see later that week. I want to thank you for all the help you give me through the emails. The little lessons and experiences you share really help me and more often than not, I'll find someone who needs the same message. By the way, I realized you've used several of Jesus' parables without telling me they're Jesus's parables to teach me something in my earlier childhood. 

I think I'm going to keep this weeks email short. Sorry for the lack of photos. You will be getting a huge amount of photos next week. There are some photo-booth photos I have that I'll send in the mean time.
Take care.. Thank you

Elder Ben

Well, that tie knot looks kinda insane. That'll be fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment