Monday, November 23, 2015

Celebrating a Hard Week

Nov 16, 2015

Dear Family,

Well, this weeks emails are shorter because not as much happened. I do have two videos that are really good. The first one is of us drinking out of the well again because it was the first week of a new transfer. The second one is what Elder Jensen and I did to celebrate the end of this week 1.

Here's something cool. Do you happen to remember Elder Caldwell? I went to school with him. We were never really friends but I still knew him. He's my district leader now. It's weird having a familiar face from PG around. 

The Jenson family in the branch invited us over for Thanksgiving. That will be fun. :)

This week was a bit of a struggle. It was hard to find new people to teach. We spent hours finding this week and didn't get anything out of it. But, instead of rambling on about the bad of this week I want to talk about the good. On Wednesday we did one of the best service projects I've done on my mission so far. We went to one of the biggest churches in the area and helped them with their food ministry. Every Wednesday they prepare and deliver food to the poorer people in Campbellsville. We went over to help with that and it was a fantastic experience. The members of that church were some of the most Christlike people I've met out here. They were so kind. As we delivered food they were asking everyone if they had any prayer needs. The people we were delivering to were also very kind. They were grateful for the service we were doing for them. It was a great experience all around. They drove us around in their church bus :).

What prompted us to do service at that church? Well 2 main things. 1- The lady who owns Mitchell's and gives us all the nice discounts is high up in that church and she invited us over for that service. 2- President Rodenberg also asked us to go and do service there and see if it's something the youth from our church can do too. So we went. We were able to leave a fantastic impression about the church and the missionaries when we went there. They were thankful that we came to help. We talked about how we wanted the youth from our church to help with the food ministry and they said that would be great.

Other than that the rest of the week was less eventful. I got sick Monday night and had to stay in Tuesday. It wasn't bad. It was a minor stomach sickness. We also stopped by Sis G's and taught her the plan of salvation. She was happy for the comfort it offered.
I like what Pres Sodders said. He was a great guy. I'm glad I was able to leave a good impression.

Well, keep being awesome!
-Elder Ben

I got the suit. Thank you!

Cider and shot glasses

Cider again...

More cider

We did this to celebrate the end of this week. It was a hard week.
Here are the 4 ties I've bought at Mitchell's so far with the new knot on them :)

I bought 2 more ties at Mitchell's.

Sulpher Well District meeting


Celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment