Monday, July 6, 2015

Fun Reward

July 6, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you for the boldness advice. I have been getting better at it. So far everyone we've challenged to be baptized has fallen through. We've probably set 20+ baptism dates with people in the 3 months we've been here but we've had no success so far. I'm not discouraged at all though. Every day I try to improve on something. Some days I think about teaching, others I think about praying. The list is endless. The principal is, I try to improve every day. 

Last week I was talking about how difficult the week went because I was in a lot of arguments/debates with people who are very hard hearted. However, the pictures will show the reward I got for faithfully enduring the hard times. Here's my "lesson for the week". If stand your ground and fight for your beliefs in the service of the Lord, He WILL reward you. This week was FAR better than last. I don't think I'll write a hugely long email this week. That's because I have a series of pictures Elder Lynch took of me that'll blow your mind. Enjoy the pictures:)

Love Elder Ben

P.S. I would like for you and mom to make Elder Lynch peanut butter bars for his homecoming. He showed me the "White Chocolate Wonderful" peanut butter.

Elder Sharp and Elder Money helping me slip into this black body sock thing.

Making adjustments 
Getting ready
Still dressing

Suiting up


Starting to come together



Final adjustments

Ready to serve the Empire

Stop!

Stormtoopers in Louisville!

How cool is this? Stormtrooper Elder Cox


"Let me see your identification."
The man who owns the armor is named Steven. Steven's neighbor happened to pull into their driveway
when I had the armor on so Steven told me to go out and ask for identification. 
The neighbors were next to dumbfounded. 

"These aren't the droids we're looking for."
Steven's neighbors told me to go around the truck and talk to the kid in the back. He was speechless.
I extended my arm for a handshake and it took him a good 10 seconds for him to extend his.

"You can go about your business.
Move along... move along."

No words can describe how awesome I felt!

This was so fun!


"Hi."

Let me explain the importance of these Certificates. They certify that the armor and the gun I had were printed off of the original molds used in the original 1970's Star Wars movie "A New Hope". They are the very next best thing to having one of the original sets from the movies. For how accurate they are, they aren't as expensive as I thought. Steven only paid about $1500 for the armor and the gun. For some reason Lucas Films has an import ban on the U.S. Steven had to buy the armor and have one of his friends in England send it to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment