Monday, February 22, 2016

A Good Week...

February 22, 2016

Dear Family,

Here's this weeks email.

Monday
It was my birthday! We went disc golfing for a lot of the day. It was really fun. Elder Gough bought my Chick-Fil-A. That was nice of him. I wasn't able to get the box because the post office was closed. It was an interesting birthday. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday.

Tuesday
We biked around most of Tuesday. Owensboro is very flat so it took little effort to get places. We taught Mr T who has 3 young kids. We taught him the first lesson and it went really well. He spoke with missionaries in the past but didn't really go anywhere. Now he wants to learn. He had 2 huge dogs in his backyard. Later I went with Bro. Swope to see a less active. They fed us dinner and we had a good scripture discussion.

Wednesday
I finally got my box in Wednesday. I was so happy to get it. I loved everything in it. Thank you so much! We got to teach an English class again. That was fun. It's an interesting experience. We ate dinner at a members house. This member only speaks Spanish so Elder Gough and I can't really communicate that well with him.

Thursday
We did more service at the homeless shelter. There's always a special spirit there. Then a member who looks exactly like Santa bought us ice cream at Sonic. Later we went to the Swope's house and had dinner.

Friday
We had district meeting and then we went with the Jasper Elders to a local burger joint. The wind was strong and we were sitting outside. The wind decided to throw my trash in the field next to us. The wind was too strong to do anything about it but Elder Passmore decided to try and chase it down anyway. He chased that stuff for a good quarter mile. We were dying laughing and the best part was the people next to us were dying laughing too. Then Elder Gough went to Jasper and Elder Gunnell came here. It was cool to be on another exchange with him. I got to help a member with his home teaching. Some time ago, this member spent a lot of time in St. Mary, GA while he was in the Navy.

Saturday
We exchanged back in Santa Clause IN. Yes, there is a town called Santa Clause in Indiana. The whole thing is Christmas themed. All of it. Later we went to Bro. Emerges for missionary coordination. He had cranberry grape juice there. I used to hate cranberry juice, but for some reason over the course of my mission, I've grown to love it. I'm going to buy some today.

Sunday
We had a fantastic church service. Bro. Swope gave a good talk. Then we ate dinner at the Fuqua's. Later we taught a lady named Ms C. Right when we started talking about baptism, her kids started acting up. It happens every time.

That was this week. I love all the support you gave me. Thank you so much!

-Elder Benjamin Kohkonen Cox (GKLM)

B-day lunch at Chick-fil-a with Elders Passmore and Gough.

Loved everything in my box!

Journey scarf and t-shirt

We command all men, everywhere, to repent and be baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment